Sunday, December 24, 2006

christmas!

Due to the 18-21 hour time difference, I've put off writing this blog until my Christmas afternoon; hoping my readers will get this greeting late Christmas Eve, or on Christmas morning!

May you be touched by the Christmas spirit and remember Christ's love for you this weekend!

Our Christmas celebration started with the town party on Saturday night after everyone got off work. I had a miserable night with a sore throat and achy body, so I stayed in. Sunday morning, Laura and I had breakfast. She brought the good cereal from the South Pole (Cocoa Puffs and Fruit Loops). We also went to the Christmas Eve service at the chapel and came back in time to rest before our big dinner at 3pm. The dinner was delightful and tasty. Afterwards, it was time for reading and resting! At 11pm, there was carols at the chapel. It was packed full, and we had a great time!

This morning (Christmas), after I took pictures of Laura running the Ob Hill Uphill race, brunch was served. This is typically the best meal of the week with an omlette bar, Belgian waffle bar, fresh fruit and cheeses, pastries, and lots of hot breakfast food, too! I loaded up on fresh fruit and then headed to the big gym for an all day volleyball tournament. I have another game in an hour, but so far, my team has won the first two matches.

So, that's my Christmas. I hope you have a spectacular time with your friends and family.

"For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6 -

No comments: